Atif Aslam (Urdu: عاطف اسلم, born March 12, 1983) is a Pakistani pop singer. He was born in Wazirabad and educated in Lahore and Rawalpindi. He is well-known in the subcontinent and with ex-pats for Pakistani hit song's such as Aadat, Woh Lamhe, and Meri Kahani, and Bollywood hit's Doorie, Pehli Nazar Mein and Tere Bin. He is the former lead singer of Jal.
Atif's kindergarten started in Model town Lahore at Kimberley Hall School. His first stage manifestation was in a fancy dress show at his school when he was in 1st grade, where he performed as Imran Khan 'Captain of the Pakistani Cricket Team'. Since then cricket was a passion for him. At that time he did not listen to any particular kind of songs.
At the age of 9, he moved to Norway where he studied at Saint Paul's School. Atif came back to Lahore in 1995 where he continued his studies in Divisional Public School (DPS), Model Town, Lahore. He was selected in his school cricket team as a bowler. Atif cleared his 10th grade in 14 years of age with a distinctive edge that he has always been the youngest boy in the class because of his double promotions while he was in Kimberley Hall. During this period he was putting his best efforts into becoming a professional cricketer.He passed out of DPS after completing his school ending matriculation exams. He further continued his education from Fizzia Air Force College (Lahore) where he completed his ICS with the class of 2001. He also had a brief stint by painting guests visiting the 5-star Pearl Continental Hotel in Bhurban.
|Jal Pari |
|Meri Kahani |
- Best song, best composition, and best lyrics for Aadat - 2nd Jazz Indus Music Awards (Pakistan)
- Best playback singer and best debut singer - Sahara Sangeet Awards (India)
- Best song, best lyricist, and best composition - ARY Music Awards (Pakistan)
- Most Wanted Male - The Musik Awards (Pakistan)
- Best pop star of the year - Filmazia Awards (Pakistan)
- Best album of the year for Doorie - 2007 LUX Style Awards (Pakistan)
- Most stylish musician of 2007 - MTV Pakistan Style Awards
- Most stylish musician - MTV Style Lycra Awards (India)
- Tamgha-e-Imtiaz or Medal-of-Excellence (Pakistan's highest civilian award), on Pakistan Day (March 23, 2008)
- Best dressed male - LUX Style Awards 2008 (Pakistan)